Strawberries have been looking extra delicious lately at the produce stand so I was very excited when the new Southern Livingdecided to highlight this juicy fruit in their latest catalog. This bruschetta is so refreshing! After making a large bowl of it and spreading it on a sliced baguette, Alan went ahead and poured it over everything we had for dinner that night as well as taking a spoon to the rest of it.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 nectarine, diced
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 3 tbsp of chopped fresh basil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 french baguette, sliced
- 1 goat cheese log, softened (or crumbles if you cant the log)
Preheat oven to 375°. Spread cut sides of bread with goat cheese. Place bread pieces on a baking sheet, and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. While this is baking- stir together the sliced strawberries, nectarine, grape tomatoes, basil, minced shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, freshly ground pepper, and salt. Remove bread from oven and top each slice with the strawberry mixture.